Jason Davis loves helping music artists realize their dreams. He has founded several cutting edge entertainment companies including Radar Label Group (Jimmy Eat World, Plain White T’s, Neon Trees, The Unlikely Candidates), Awaken Records (Austin French), One One 7, Care For Kids, is the Co-President/Partner of Higher Level Booking Agency, and is an artist manager with First Company Management.
Jason began his music career as a songwriter. Our conversation was crazy informative. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
The episode begins with Jason discussing his transition from music artist to serial entrepreneur and manager of major artists. The conversation continues with:
- The difference between Higher Level Agency and First Company Management
- How Higher Level Agency connects speakers with clients
- Jason talks about “release strategies” and the importance of releasing the right music
- The relevance of streaming in the music industry
- Does representation help artists create their story
- The best income generating business for artists today
- What Jason thinks about Patreon
3 Key Points
- Curating the right music is more important than the process of releasing and promoting songs.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. A team is a vital part of an artist’s success.
- It’s okay to ask for support. – You’ll never really know until you ask people for help.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
[Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!]