This episode of The Unstarving Musician’s Podcast features a conversation with award winning producer, sound engineer, guitarist, vocalist, performer, and all around cool guy, Kid Andersen.
As owner of Greaseland Studios, Kid is doing some amazing work, taking breaks to perform live in his current home town of San Jose California and various locations abroad. He’s also devoting time to help bring awareness to some otherwise lost gems of the blues world.
On a personal note, this was my first in-person interview (drum roll please). It was challenging, really fun, and at the same time extremely nerve racking. Kid fortunately, made it easy for me as we explored his views and comments on these and other topics.
- Greaseland Studios
- Playing the Blues
- Music Education
- Having an ear for music is important
- Being a good listener
Mentioned in this Episode
- Aki Kumar
- Greaseland Studios
- Kid Andersen
- Rick Estrin & The Night Cats
- Jim Pugh
- Little Village Foundation
- Wee Willie Walker
- 1965 LA 2A Teletronics Compressor
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide Podcast
The Unstarving Musician is committed to sharing the best tips and information of other music professionals to help musicians do more of what they love – make music. Our weekly podcasts features in depth discussions with musicians and music space professionals discussing music creation, marketing, and business tips. All this is made possible by the contributions of individuals like you and our shared community who love making music.
Patreon is a bit like Kickstarter, but instead of culminating in one large project, it’s a way of crowdfunding ongoing creative endeavors. Patreon also serves as a community site where supporters can communicate and discuss new creations.
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- BandZoogle – The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
* Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!