Matt James is the lead singer of a band called Blacktop Mojo. The band lives together in the same house – advantageous in a pandemic. They’ve been able to write music in self-isolation, live stream and they have a brand new EP called Static.
Blacktop Mojo is a regularly touring band and they frequent many festivals. We talk about the many considerations they’ll need to take when public gathering restrictions begin to ease.
We start by talking about live stream collaborations (04:30) and go on to discuss:
- (09:50) Releasing albums instead of the single-release trend
- (18:20) The range of music styles at festivals
- (20:45) Adapting performances to the pandemic
- (32:45) The original band makeup
- (36:07) The role of a band manager
- (38:20) Our favorite music and non-music podcasts
- (47:00) Releasing albums on vinyl
Mentioned in this Episode
Support the Podcast
The Unstarving Musician exists solely through the generosity of its listeners, readers, and viewers. Visit our Crowd Sponsor page to learn how you can offer your support.