Neil Schnell is one of my best pals in music. He shares some of my best memories of performing music in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas. He has been making a living with his trio Velvet Love Box, though things have slowed down due to the Covid Crisis.
We talk about live streaming during the pandemic, accepting online tips, and how to make streaming work for you. He also talks about getting back into live gigs, despite mixed emotions. Neil is featured on a new release by our mutual friend, Lannie Flowers, called Home.
We start by talking about a recent Facebook show (5:25) and go on to discuss:
- (12:30) Re-adjusting to a live audience
- (21:50) Mixed emotions of returning to “normal”
- (25:00) Streaming stage setup
- (30:30) Advice for those hesitant to live stream
- (44:20) Where live streaming will fit into the future
- (57:40) Branding and social media
Mentioned in this Episode
Support the Podcast
The Unstarving Musician exists solely through the generosity of its listeners, readers, and viewers. Visit our Crowd Sponsor page to learn how you can offer your support.