My guest today is Bruce Wawrzyniak of Now Hear This. We talk about PR, promotions, social media, websites, placements and a whole lot more.
I did a quick search for musician-focused podcasts and came across Now Hear This Entertainment by our guest, Bruce Wawrzyniak. His company has a focus on talent management, promotion and booking. He really knows his stuff and I learned so much during this episode. Bruce drops great tips and resources for indie musicians.
We just scraped the surface of all the topics, so we may just have to have Bruce back on the podcast.
We start by discussing one of his clients, Frankie Raye, who is doing twenty plus shows a month. We go on to discuss:
- Going beyond booking gigs and sharing who the artist is
- The value of a solid website
- Capturing your audience as opposed to one-way communication
- How to use LinkedIn to elevate your PR
- Creative song placements for artists
- Most of us know what we should be doing, but are we doing it? If not, start.
- Utilize digital media. Don’t be intimidated by it. Use it wisely.
“You can start pulling information out of artists that to them is old hat, but the more questions I ask we uncover a real story. These will be the things that get someone’s attention.”
Mentioned in this Episode
Pledge your support for Unstarving Musician on Patreon
The Unstarving Musician is committed to sharing the best tips and information of other music professionals to help musicians do more of what they love – make music. Our weekly podcasts features in depth discussions with musicians and music space professionals discussing music creation, marketing, and business tips. All this is made possible by the contributions of individuals like you in our shared community who love making music.
Patreon is a bit like Kickstarter, but instead of culminating in one large project, it’s a way of crowdfunding ongoing creative endeavors. Patreon also serves as a community site where supporters can communicate and discuss new creations.
Visit the Unstarving Musician Crowd Sponsor Page for more on supporting
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- BandZoogle– The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
*Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
[…] Effective Use of Digital Media for Musicians – Bruce Wawrzyniak (Ep 125) […]
[…] Effective Use of Digital Media for Musicians—Bruce Wawrzyniak (Ep 125) […]