Ariane Cap is a multi-instrumentalist, educator, author, blogger and composer. She has a very cool online educational website for learning bass, technique and theory. Ariane’s courses and webinars have built a loyal following and she focuses on consistent content creation to support her business.
Hailing from Austria, Ariane shares with us how self-publishing a book on bass techniques became very popular and helped launch her online business. In addition to being a musician and a business owner, Ariane is a certified NLP Practitioner with a passion for positive self-talk, developing habits that stick and leveling up when you’re ready.
We start by talking about how she grew up in idyllic Austria (3:40) and we go on to discuss:
- 6:30 What brought her to the U.S.
- 15:20 Self-publishing her book and how it led her to build a team
- 24:00 The importance of consistency with content and how she makes it happen
- 29:15 Advantages and disadvantages of SoundCloud
- 36:20 The catalyst for building her online business
- 48:55 Tiny habits and her journey with NLP
- Create consistent content and employ batch work to get ahead
- Surround yourself with people who enhance your work
- Avoid the overwhelm of tools. Start small. Grow. Then level up.
“Early on I realized that I have to find help where I’m the weakest.”
“Start with small, simple tools until you outgrow them. Then level up.”
Mentioned in this Episode
Pledge your support for Unstarving Musician on Patreon
The Unstarving Musician is committed to sharing the best tips and information of other music professionals to help musicians do more of what they love – make music. Our weekly podcasts features in depth discussions with musicians and music space professionals discussing music creation, marketing, and business tips. All this is made possible by the contributions of individuals like you in our shared community who love making music.
Patreon is a bit like Kickstarter, but instead of culminating in one large project, it’s a way of crowdfunding ongoing creative endeavors. Patreon also serves as a community site where supporters can communicate and discuss new creations.
Visit the Unstarving Musician Crowd Sponsor Page for more on supporting
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- BandZoogle– The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
*Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
[…] Previous […]
[…] Online Courses, Self-Publishing and Consistent Content—Ariane Cap (Ep 141) […]