This episode of The Unstarving Musician’s Podcast features a conversation with Lara Price, the phenomenal blues singer who I first had the pleasure of meeting at a blues jam in San Jose California.
Lara and I talk about our respective beginnings in the San Jose music scene, running a jam bands, tips for jammers, her latest album I Mean Business, the importance of networking, and her recent, big move to Austin.
Lara is a pretty amazing person and this interview barely scrapes the surface. Enjoy this conversation where we discuss:
- Producing great Jam Sessions
- Recording at Greaseland Studios
- The nakedness of working with acoustic guitar
- Lara’s musical education and background
- Organization is key to producing good Jam Sessions
- In Jam Sessions put the right people together – set them up to win
- Mix professional and amateur musicians for a successful Jam Session
Mentioned in this Episode