In this final installment of the Today’s Indie Musician series, my guest is Lara Price. We’re acquainted from our time in the San Francisco Bay Area music scene. She has a new podcast called In The Trenches with Lara Price, where she shares thoughts on her own mental health and interviews friends about the Black Lives Matter movement. Her latest album, I Mean Business, is so incredibly good. I hope you check it out.
We discuss my various observations on what it takes for indie musicians to have a thriving career. We also talk about building community both online and in person, getting comfortable with technology, digital distribution and more.
We start by talking about the need for a developed web presence (03:29) and go on to discuss:
- (06:00) Making use of the algorithm
- (14:30) Online tipping for online performances
- (20:50) Building community with exclusive content
- (25:40) The effect quarantine is having one some artists
- (31:47) Tips and tricks to get in front of more listeners
Musicians don’t ever retire.
Mentioned in this Episode
Support the Podcast
The Unstarving Musician exists solely through the generosity of its listeners, readers, and viewers. Visit our Crowd Sponsor page to learn how you can offer your support.