In this episode I take on a challenge from the Pat Flynn podcast and reached out to a number of administrators of Facebook Communities. There is real power in community, but it comes with a number of challenges as well. I made the ask of a number of community hosts to share their insights, challenges and the reason they love building and contributing to their respective online communities.
Many of them stepped up to the mic and that’s what we’ve compiled in this episode.
Some of the top tips and insights include:
- Build the community you would want for yourself
- Groups provide more visibility than Pages on Facebook
- Post regularly and you’ll see interaction grow
- You get out of it what you put into it
“Only when we come together as a community can we lift each other up.”
“We all have something to learn from one another, we all have a passion for music and speak that same language, and by coming together we can all make our musical journeys more enjoyable and productive.”
“I’ve seen growth in [our member’s] businesses because of their participation in the community and their support of one another.”
- Create The Community You Need–Chris Coles (Ep 128)
- Musicians Supporting One Another with Community and Collaborations–Lindsay White (Ep 109)
- Songwriting, Side Hustles and Gratitude–Lindsay White (Ep 71)
- Beauty in Music and Art–Abe Partridge (Ep 67)
Mentioned in this Episode
The Unstarving Musician is committed to sharing the best tips and information of other music professionals to help musicians do more of what they love – make music. Our weekly podcasts features in depth discussions with musicians and music space professionals discussing music creation, marketing, and business tips. All this is made possible by the contributions of individuals like you in our shared community who love making music.
Patreon is a bit like Kickstarter, but instead of culminating in one large project, it’s a way of crowdfunding ongoing creative endeavors. Patreon also serves as a community site where supporters can communicate and discuss new creations.
Visit the Unstarving Musician Crowd Sponsor Page for more on supporting
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- BandZoogle– The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
*Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!