SoundStorming is trying to disrupt the system that is the music industry, specifically how and where artists share their music, and today I’m joined by one of the co-founders, Alicia Rius. The app allows artists to share their music with an ever-growing and supportive community from the very beginning of their creative journey.
Alicia and I talk about the inception of the idea, how it all works for the artist, the beauty of collaboration and discovery in today’s world of music, why we should be excited about the SoundStorming platform, how they plan to make money and where the rest of the industry plays into the SoundStorming picture.
The strategy is to roll it out in three phases. The first step is empowering the next generation of musicians with a streamlined, user-friendly platform that makes it easy and rewarding to network and collaborate with other artists. The second step will be to bring the professional community of established musicians, producers, A&R folks, etc. into the mix; people who can give well-needed advice and mentoring to emerging artists. The third step will be to open the doors to audiences so artists will be able to use the creative process as exclusive content to engage with fans and be discovered.
We start by talking about her move to Los Angeles (04:28) and go on to discuss:
- (06:50)The genesis of Sound Storming
- (12:00) How Sound Storming works
- (23:55) Ways to improve audio recording
- (28:12) Building a brand new online community
- (37:41) Using the app to produce music
- (50:10) Collaborating with artists around the world
Mentioned in this Episode
Support the Podcast
The Unstarving Musician exists solely through the generosity of its listeners, readers, and viewers. Visit our Crowd Sponsor page to learn how you can offer your support.
Click here to visit the Unstarving Musician Crowd Sponsor page.
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- Bandzoogle– The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
Pardon the Interruption (Disclosure)
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means I make a small commission, at no extra charge to you, if you purchase using those links. Thanks for your support!
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
[…] Disrupting the Music Industry––Alicia Rius (Ep 153) […]