Frankie Raye is a powerhouse performer juggling over twenty shows a month. She is a singer-songwriter based out of Tampa, Florida. In 2019 Frankie launched her first album Brave. She has been recognized in several Best of the Bay Award categories including: singer, songwriter, vocalist, pop act – original, local band – original, cover band etc.
Frankie shares what it’s like to gig on a consistent basis, how she has leveraged working with an agency, her songwriting and creativity process, and much more. We also listen to her track Taking My Chances from her album Brave.
We start by discussing Frankie’s nominations for the Best of the Bay Awards and go on to discuss:
- Working with an agency and the benefits it can provide
- The value of live performing
- Getting involved with the Tampa Bay Rays
- Tools Frankie uses to get in touch with her creativity
- Making time for songwriting
- Get someone in your corner who will support and challenge you.
- The more you play, the more opportunities open up for you. Get in front of new people often.
Mentioned in this Episode
Pledge your support for Unstarving Musician on Patreon
The Unstarving Musician is committed to sharing the best tips and information of other music professionals to help musicians do more of what they love – make music. Our weekly podcasts features in depth discussions with musicians and music space professionals discussing music creation, marketing, and business tips. All this is made possible by the contributions of individuals like you in our shared community who love making music.
Patreon is a bit like Kickstarter, but instead of culminating in one large project, it’s a way of crowdfunding ongoing creative endeavors. Patreon also serves as a community site where supporters can communicate and discuss new creations.
Visit the Unstarving Musician Crowd Sponsor Page for more on supporting
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- BandZoogle– The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
*Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Leave A Comment