Angela Predhomme is a soulful singer, composer and musician. She strives to make music that can stand up to the best of the best, and it certainly does. Angela’s music has been featured in many well known film and TV productions, she has won many songwriting awards and has been recognized by Thrive Global as a rising star.
Angela has done the hard work of building community online and in person. We discuss her approach to attaining a 5-digit social media presence, focusing on the online music economy, and creating content that serves her listeners. Angela approaches her career like a portfolio – no one thing is the be all end all, not even social media, and I appreciate it.
We start by talking about how she got into podcast advertising and working with a PR firm. We then go on to discuss:
- Producing her own ads
- Building a 5-digit social media following
- Licensing music to well-known film and TV companies
- Experimenting with live video
- Serve others first. Community comes from service.
- Keep putting out content. Keep a schedule.
“If something is really bothering you, just let it out so you can get over it and move forward.”
Mentioned in this Episode
- Follow Angela on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- MusicBiz conference in Nashville
- Leslie Zimmerman of Leslie Z Media
Pledge your support for Unstarving Musician on Patreon
The Unstarving Musician is committed to sharing the best tips and information of other music professionals to help musicians do more of what they love – make music. Our weekly podcasts features in depth discussions with musicians and music space professionals discussing music creation, marketing, and business tips. All this is made possible by the contributions of individuals like you in our shared community who love making music.
Patreon is a bit like Kickstarter, but instead of culminating in one large project, it’s a way of crowdfunding ongoing creative endeavors. Patreon also serves as a community site where supporters can communicate and discuss new creations.
Visit the Unstarving Musician Crowd Sponsor Page for more on supporting
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs, by Robonzo
- BandZoogle– The all-in-one platform that makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music
- The Musician’s Profit Path: The 5-Stage Blueprint To Create Massive Growth In Your Fan Base and Sustainable Income For Your Music Career, by Bree Noble
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour, by Shannon Curtis
Visit my Resources page for more musician resources.
This episode is brought to you by Bandzoogle.
From garage bands to Grammy winners, Bandzoogle powers the websites for thousands of musicians around the world.
Plans start at just $8.29/month, which includes hosting and your own free custom domain name. Go to Bandzoogle.com to start your 30 day free trial. Use promo code “robonzo” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
*Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products using these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Leave A Comment